As always for this segment I will find awesome book tags throughout the vast, wide inter-webs and complete mini-challenges. I’ll hope you’ll have fun and participate with me as well! Leave your own answers in the comments or write your post and link it back to me. (You are also free to use the picture if you’d like, just credit me)
Today’s Topic: Breaking the Spines
Found On: Cupcake Classics
1. Do you break the spines or do you prefer keeping books looking new?
I always prefer books looking new and in tip-top shape. Breaking the spine is one of my top pet peeves for someone borrowing a book from me. It’s also my own personal standard of how I keep my books in shape.
2.Have you ever accidentally broken a spine?
Yes, it broke my heart!
3. If you’re buying a used book do you mind if the spine is broken?
No, not at all. I try to pick the best looking book if there are multiple copies on the shelf. I guess it doesn’t matter here, because I didn’t own it before.
4. Agree or Disagree: a broken spine on a book shows it’s well loved?
Here’s my view:
1) It could mean that someone loved that book so much that they read it a million times and it took it with them everywhere. It just ended up on the used book shelf after somebody was ready to part with it after having journeyed far and wide.
2) Someone who doesn’t really care about keeping their books in pristine condition or just was using it for practical purposes like for a class and then gives it away.
It depends on the reader or the person, I guess.
5. Because spines on hardbacks cannot physically break, do you prefer them to paperbacks?
Nah, I actually like paperbacks more. They are easier to carry, more flexible, I just feel more comfortable reading a paperback as to hardback covers. I have dropped hardbacks on my feet so many times it’s ridiculous and it hurts really bad.
5. Do you dog-ear pages as bookmarks?
Nooo!!! Not ever! This pisses me off so much!
6. Anything else to say about your spine obsessions?
No, I think my previous answers were self-explanatory.
Tag you’re it! Tell me your answers to the questions above in the comments, and leave a link to your own post! 🙂
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.
- From Cover To Cover (superherosurvivalguide.wordpress.com)
- Booking Through Thursday: Let’s Get Crazy! (whatcomesnextreviews.com)
- Dreaming Novel Things: The Should Be Punishments for Misusing a Book (swimlindsey.wordpress.com)
- Books Beautiful Books! (wormingaway.wordpress.com)
- My Book Buying Policy (releasethewolves.wordpress.com)
- In my bookworm heart…. (naomiandbooks.wordpress.com)