As always for this segment I will find awesome book tags throughout the vast, wide inter-webs and complete mini-challenges. I’ll hope you’ll have fun and participate with me as well! Leave your own answers in the comments or write your post and link it back to me. (You are also free to use the picture if you’d like, just credit me.)
Found On: bookarahma
Today’s Topic: Reader Problems
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Eenie meenie minie moe?
Usually I alternate from picking a book off of my shelf, a book from the library, or an e-book. But it also depends on the reading mood I’m in.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Quit. Life is too short to read bad books I can’t truly enjoy. Maybe that book is just not for me.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Yes, read like I’ve never read before in my life. Read every morning, noon, and night until I meet my goal.
Rage for a while, ranting about the great injustice done to the book. Drink a nice cup of tea and wait to calm down somewhat.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
My mom and my best reading buddies. We can always confide in each other about how dumb or unappealing a novel is to us.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Try to hold in tears, pretend to wipe dust out of eyes, act like I have a cold. Pretty much every distraction technique you can use. If I’m crying from laughter or a sadness from a book, I just get weird looks from people.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
I should probably re-read it, but I usually don’t. I really only re-read for sequels if I haven’t read the first book in over a year.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Lie by saying “Oh ___ is borrowing my book right now” or “I’m still reading it, but I should be finished soon” or even “I would lend it to you, but it actually came from a library”.
I feel mean, but I don’t lend a book to someone I don’t trust someone enough.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Binge watch a show or movies on Netflix and them come back to them, but usually I do read 5 books at a time. I don’t like to read one book at a time.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
ALL THE BOOKS! Nah, just kidding. I don’t have that kind of cash. Usually I’ll buy one or two, but it will be a couple of months after the book has been released.
Let’s just say….a long time….
Tag You’re It! Feel free to participate in this fun questions. Share your answers in the comments or link to your post in the comment section below! 🙂
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.