So for a while I haven’t done any book tags, since I’ve been so busy. I have a list of some tags I would like to try to complete, but if there are any bookish tags that I haven’t completed yet and that you would like to see on my blog please suggest some! I’d really appreciate it.
In lieu of trying to get into back into the rhythm of posting Book Tag Thursdays regularly, I decided to try the book blogger test that I’ve seen floating around. Here we go!
What are your top three book pet hates?
1) Any kind of scribbling, highlighting, or writing in books. I take my notes on a separate piece of paper.
2) Lending a book and it comes back in a not so perfect condition.
3) Taking out a book from the library and having to return it immediately because of a bad smell (cigarettes are the worst!).
Describe your perfect reading spot.
A cozy nook in a old school used bookstore. It’s usually quiet with light music in the background. Plus it has a café.
In reality, my comfy chair in my living room, or in my room by the window (during the late afternoon sun).
Tell us three book confessions.
1) I still like the Twilight books. Even though I have a love-hate relationship with that series I can’t bear to give them away.
2) When I have conversations with others I have lied about reading classics. I love reading classic novels, but I am more picky about which ones I choose to read.
3) I have read fan-fiction for certain series and standalone novels that I think are 10x better than how the author originally wrote the story.
When was the last time you cried during reading a book?
I just finished reading “The Fault In Our Stars” (John Green) a couple of days ago. Halfway thorough the book I just kept tearing up at certain parts, especially at the end.
How many books are on your beside table?
About 10 or so books. Some of them I’m reading and the others are waiting to be read next in my immediate TBR pile.
What is your favorite snack to eat while your reading?
Hmmm… I usually drink coffee and tea, but for snacks it varies for what mood I’m in or what I’m hungry for. Usually small stuff like: Cheeze-it’s, trail mix, chips, or even fruit. I try not to eat a meal when I’m reading, but when the book is so enthralling to me and I just can’t put it down, I’ll eat my dinner while trying to holding the book open.
Name three books you would recommend to anyone.
1) Graceling Trilogy – Kristin Cashore
These books are so underrated! The story lines are solid and I love the strong female protagonists who take charge of their own lives no matter what society tells them how they should be.
Saga is a awesome comic/graphic novel series. The story is about two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war falling in love and they risk everything to raise their daughter. The plot is very entertaining and the detail and colors put into the artwork is fantastic!
3) The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
Love this classic so much! Wilde is a terrific writer!
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Okay so I don’t really have a favorite bookshelf. So I took a picture of one of my favorite bookcases. It’s a bit unorganized at the moment since I need to reorganize my entire book collection, but I like the way the colors and titles blend together. Once I fix my books and get them all straightened up, I’d like to do a entire bookshelf collection tour post!
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Magic in pages.
What’s your biggest reading secret.
Umm… I can’t think of any.
Who I’m tagging.
Anyone and everyone who wants to participate! 🙂