As always for this segment I will find awesome book tags throughout the vast, wide inter-webs and complete mini-challenges. I’ll hope you’ll have fun and participate with me as well! Leave your own answers in the comments or write your post and link it back to me. (You are also free to use the picture if you’d like, just credit me.)
Today’s Topic: Bookalicious Book Tag
Found At: charlottebibliophile
1. What percentage of books do you get from the library and what percentage do you get elsewhere?
- 20% = Library, because I don’t buy every book I want to read plus it saves money
- 80% = Bookstores/E-book stores, I buy quite a lot of used books and shop at bargain places since it’s a lot cheaper
2. What character would you want to be and why?
So many characters to choose from, but one character I admire a lot is Katniss. She goes through so much during the entire Hunger Games series and proves that she is a survivor. She’s a fighter, confident, smart, and most importantly she shows us that she’s human. When she feels beaten down or that all hope is lost she somehow finds the strength to carry on.
3. What is your favorite childhood book?
I read so many books as a kid, but one series I’ll chose to highlight is the Magic Tree House series. Their adventures were epic and I love how they traveled back in time to so many different places and events.
5. Which book series do you have the most books of?
I think it’s a tie between 3 authors, because at the moment I can’t look at my bookshelf for reference (plus of these books are stashed away). It would be Mary Janice Davidson, Chloe Neill, and Richelle Mead.
6. Do you buy used books?
Yes! All the time!
7. What is your favorite book cover?
Not my top favorite, but I like artsy covers like this.
8. What is your favorite type of book covers?
I’ll admit I’m a sucker for pretty covers, and I think most people are. But if the cover is pretty I want it to be relevant to story in some way. I also like bright & colorful covers that stand out among the other books on the shelf. The more colorful the book, the more likely I’m going to pick it up off the shelf.
9. What was the first book you read?
I don’t remember. I was read to a lot as a child and once I did learn how to read I gleefully consumed so many books at one time that they all kind of blurred together.
10. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
11. When did you start blogging?
12. Where is the best place to read?
In a cozy chair at home.
13. Have you written your own fan fiction or a book?
Neither, but I have written short stories before.
14. If you could only read three books for the rest of your life what would they be?
Ughh! this question is killing me! Why must you make me choose?! I’ll pick…
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Next – Ken Casey
- Their Eyes Were Watching God – Zora Neale Hurston
15. What is the longest book that you have read?
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon at 870 pages. I feel like I have read a book that’s longer than that, but it was a long while ago.
16. If you were to write a book what would the title be and why?
The Misadventures of Me. It would be a book about how this geeky girl travels around the world and gets herself into humorous and awkward situations. Most importantly, I want my readers to laugh and be able to relate to the book in some way.
17. How many books did you read last month?
5, which is a low number for me.
18. What is the last book you read?
The Parent Pact by Laurie Kellogg. Kellogg writes really good romance/chick lit novels.
19. Do you fantasize yourself in books you like?
Yes, although don’t most readers do?
20. What is your favorite book store?
My favorite local store is John King located in Downtown Detroit. It’s a used and rare book store that has four floors of glorious books.
21. Hardback or paperback?
Paperback. It’s less expensive and easier to carry.
22. Do you have more than one copy of the same book?
Yes, although not on purpose.
23. Would you rather read about vampires or werewolves?
Vampires! They’ve held a special place in my heart ever since I read Twilight.
24. Do you own more than 150 books?
Most definitely. 🙂
Tag! You’re it! Comment with your answers below or participate by writing your own post and link back to me. 🙂