Hello everyone! One of the many problems a bibliophile can run into is having your book collection go out of control. There’s stacks of books in your room/throughout the house and you find yourself wondering whether you’ll ever get to read all of these books or not. Have no fear! Today I’m sharing some of my own personal tips that have helped me not only organize, but catalog the books I own. Hope these tips will help you! 🙂
1) Face Your Enormous Book Collection Head On.
2) Scream at the Large Abyss of Books.
3) After You’ve Calmed Down, Assess The Situation.
4) Pick a Stack of books off of your bookshelf and Go Through Them.
5) Ask yourself the big questions: Will I read this? Am I still interested in this book/series?
6) Make a pile of books to keep and those to give away.
7) Continue until you’ve cleared as much space as you need on your bookshelves.
8) Follow up and repeat steps 4-7 whenever you haul a bunch of new books, need to organize your room, or feel overwhelmed about your book collection.
9) Success! Your book collection is organized!
What are some ways you organize/clean up your bookish collection? Do have them cataloged? Share your thoughts in the comment section below! 🙂