Welcome to “A Month of Favorites”. This month-long event is hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling with T and Estella’s Revenge. Throughout December I’ll be participating in some of these fun topics where I’ll get to share my reading experiences from 2014. To find more info about the blog event click here!
Today’s topic: 5 Must Haves For Winter Survival
1) Delicious Drinks
Warm and cozy drinks are must have for winter. They’re great to drink on the go or if you’re just chilling with a good book. My favorite drinks of choice? Tea, Coffee (includes espresso, lattes, etc.), and hot chocolate. Peppermint Mocha is my favorite coffee drink of choice for the holidays. Some favorite teas to drink in the winter are Honey Vanilla Chamomille (Celestial Seasons), Oolang, and Lemon zinger (Celestial Seasonings).
2) Warm Blankets
Blankets are an absolute must have for Michigan. Whether it be fleece, wool, or any other comfy material blankets help to keep you warm and are great to for home use or winter weekend getaways. My personal favorite blankets are the fleece kind. I own a lot of them!
3) Sweaters, Sweatpants, and Sweatshirts! Oh My!
No winter wardrobe is complete without sweats or sweaters. They can be worn on lazy days, casual outings, and even can be dressed up. Being that I live in Michigan, a good chunk of my wardrobe is composed of sweaters and sweats. I love how versatile and comfortable they can be. Not to mention they come in lots of different styles.
4) Good Music
I listen to a lot of different genres, but during the winter months I tend to gravitate towards holiday and calming tunes. I find myself listening to lots of Jazz, R&B, and laid back pop songs. Here’s a mini playlist of songs by some of favorite artists.
- “A Tisket, A Taskit”- Ella Fitzgerald
- “A Love That Will Last”- Renee Olstead
- “Gypsy Girl” – Winterplay
- “Closer” – Corrine Bailey Rae
- “Pieces of Me” – Ledisi
5) A Good Book!
Winter would not be complete without a good book to lose yourself in. Here are some of my cool wintery reads recommendations:
- “Let it Snow” – Lauren Myracle, Maureen Johnson, John Green
- “The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe” (Chronicles of Narnia) – C.S. Lewis
- “The Coldest Girl In Coldtown” – Holly Black
- “Outlander” – Diana Gabaldon
And I know I was only supposed to pick 5 things, but I forgot….
Here are some of my recommends for holiday/winter film picks:
- Suspense: “Wait Until Dark” (1967) stars Audrey Hepburn
- Holiday: “The Family Stone” (2005), this movie is so underrated
- Kids: “A Little Princess” (1995) , a great film adaption of a book
- Thriller: “The Skeleton Key” (2005) , this movie kept me on edge
- Comedy/Fantasy: “Midnight in Paris” (2011) , love the location and unique storyline