Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I got nominated for a blogging award so I’m very excited. Since I’m a fangirl myself I just had to participate in this fun post! I want to give a huge shout-out and thank you to Leah who nominated me. She runs the amazing blog called, “The Perks of Being a Bookworm” so go check out her posts here.
- Create a post to receive your award
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit fangirling for the award button
- Answer the questions below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
Now onto the questions Leah gave me!
What was your first experience of fandom?
Hmm I have so many fandoms, but I’m going to say it was when I got into anime in junior high school. There were probably some instances before that, but I can’t remember them. My friend introduced me to Naruto and the rest is history. I had a group of friends who liked anime and was able to meet new people in my school and I even ended up going to my first anime convention the year after learning about anime. Because I was introduced to anime my interest in Japan broadened and that what ultimately led me to pursue learning Japanese.
Have you had any bad experiences with fandoms?
I think that in general, one of the cons of being a part of any fandom is the constant accusations or negativity. I’m an avid K-pop fan and I hate reading comments on YouTube anymore because people has so much negative things to say about the singer/group or they’re attacking other fans. But I think this happens with a lot of fandoms.
Have you ever written fan fic based on a book you’ve read and loved?
No, but I have read a lot of them. I think I would like to write one in the future.
Pick a fandom – favorite and least favorite characters?
Favorite characters: Rose, Dimitri, Christian, Adrian, Sydney, Ibrahim
Least favorite character: Lissa (I know she’s one of the main characters, but she’s so needy!)
Show me your fandom merch, any and all fandoms allowed!
I wanted to show you some of my t-shirts, but they are currently buried in the back of closet, so here are some other fandom things I own.
Supernatural and Doctor Who posters!
The gang’s all here! From left to right: Jack Skeleton, (Disney Princesses) Jasmine, Tiana w/ Naveen, Belle, Anna. (Peanuts) Sally and Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch).
Some of the many J-pop CDs own. I listen to a wide variety of Japanese Music so here’s a variety of them. From top left to bottom right: Toki Asako (Jazz), Ken Hirai, (R&B), Spirited Away Soundtrack (Instrumental), and Crystal Kay (Pop/R&B).
My five nominees are:
- A Hundred Thousand Stories
- Matilda, All Grown Up
- Zeezee with Books
- It’s All About The Books
- The Lit Mermaid
My questions for you are:
- What is your favorite fandom of all time?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Which popular book/series/character do you wish you could fangirl over but you actually don’t like?
- What has been the most amazing fangirl moment for you? (ex.meeting an author/actor in real life, going to a convention, etc?
- And like Leah asked me…Show me your fandom merch, any and all fandoms allowed!
Happy blogging and fangirling! 😀
*All pictures expect for the meme were taken by me with my Android phone